This article explains all the necessary information about the Youth Winner's Circle Playoffs (i.e.) days/times of matches, where to find the bracket, how many teams qualify, etc.
How Many Teams/Players Make the Playoffs?
- The amount of participants that qualify for the playoffs is determined by registration numbers.
Championship Bracket (Champ)
|Game||# of Teams/Players & Seed #s||Max. # of Rounds|
|League of Legends||24*||5|
|Rocket League 2v2||12*||4|
*1st round bye for top 4 (Rocket League) top 8 (League of Legends) top 16 (Overwatch 2)
- Default match times for all games listed above will be 8:00 pm Eastern Time.
- Playoffs/finals are run through a single elimination bracket and manually seeded; players will not use the queue system*.
- You may only reschedule a playoff match if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Your competitor agrees to the new time in the match chat on the Generation Esports platform.
- You notify our support team of the new time here.
- The match score is reported before midnight Pacific Standard Time on the day of the match.
- Finals matches cannot be rescheduled.
- Your opponent must agree to the rescheduled time in match chat on the Generation Esports platform or the default time will remain.
|Game||Mon 4/10||Tue 4/11||Wed 4/12||Thu 4/13|
|League of Legends||Round 1||Round 2|
|Overwatch 2||Round 1||Round 2|
|Rocket League 2v2||Round 1|
|Game||Mon 4/17||Tue 4/18||Wed 4/19||Thu 4/20|
|League of Legends||Quarterfinals||Semifinals|
|Overwatch 2||Round 3||Quarterfinals|
|Rocket League 2v2||Quarterfinals||Semifinals|
|Game||Mon 4/24||Tue 4/25||Wed 4/26|
|League of Legends||Finals|
|Rocket League 2v2||Finals|
How to Qualify
- A roster/player must:
- Play at least 6 matches for the Season in order to be eligible for playoff qualification.
- End the season at a high enough leaderboard placement (see tiebreakers below).
- Note: Any unplayed regular-season matches will be counted as a loss against the player's/roster's record at the end of the regular season.
- The tiebreaker system will be run as a tiered protocol that will be used if multiple teams finish the regular season with the same overall record.
- Wins. (Forfeit wins and bye wins are scored as a full series undefeated win)
- Head-to-head record. (If the two tied teams have played each other, their match record against each other is compared)
- Overall game-win percentage. (e.g. winning a match 3-0 is better than 3-2)
- Higher opponents’ game-win percentage. (e.g. it is better to beat an opponent who consistently won 3-0 than 3-2)
- Fewer forfeit losses.
- Fewer bye wins.
- The team which had a higher number of wins before their first loss.
- If the first loss is received after the same number of wins, then the team which lost to the stronger opponent (as defined by game win percentage) will be ranked higher.
Where can I view the playoff bracket?
- Select "Tournaments" from the left-hand menu.
- Under "My Tournaments", choose the tournament whose playoff bracket you want to view.
- Find the “Leaderboard” section and click “Playoffs”.
- Click the “Bracket View” button to open the playoff bracket for that specific game.
Roster Rules and Substitutes
- Per General Competition Rule 3.4: "Roster changes may be made at any point during or in-between seasons except during live matches, or once the playoffs have begun. Roster changes are prohibited for single-player and partnered (duo) game tournaments."
- In the case an emergency substitute is needed, the Team Administrator must reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and receive permission.
- If you have not heard back after 24 hours of making an emergency substitute request, please contact support here.
Things to know
- Your admin will be emailed a form to fill out to ensure you receive any potential prizing. Forms will be sent out around 3 business days after the tournament's conclusion.
- Any admin with a team/player who made it to the playoffs will be notified via the email they use to sign in to Generation Esports.
- The match format is located in the specific tournament overview. You can find the overview in the YWC community section of the help site.