The top teams from each of the following states will be invited to compete in a single-elimination playoff bracket in January, invited and seeded based on leaderboard standing from the HSEL Fall Major:
- California (CA)
- Kansas (KS) -- Postponed (see email)
- New York (NY) -- Rocket League Only
- Pennsylvania (PA) -- Rocket League Only
- Texas (TX)
These states were selected because they have a very high number of participating schools in HSEL.
|Game||Team Size||Platform(s)||# of Teams per State|
|Quarterfinals||1/9 - 1/10|
|Semifinals||1/11 - 1/12|
|Finals||1/16 - 1/19|
Note: These tournaments are single-elimination and will not use the queue system.
- Rocket League
- Quarterfinals: Tuesday, 1/10, 5:00pm in the state's timezone.
- Semifinals: Thursday, 1/12, 5:00 pm in the state's timezone.
- Quarterfinals: Monday, 1/9, 5:00pm in the state's timezone.
- Semifinals: Wednesday, 1/11, 5:00 pm in the state's timezone.
- (see table below)
|CA||RL @ 5 pm PST||Val @ 5 pm PST|
|NY||RL @ 5 pm EST|
|PA||RL @ 5 pm EST|
|TX||RL @ 5:30 pm CST||Val @ 5:00 pm CST|
You may only reschedule a match if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Your competitor agrees to the new time in the match chat on the Generation Esports platform.
- You notify and receive approval from HSEL admins for the new time here.
- The match score is reported before midnight Pacific Standard Time the day prior to the next round (i.e. reschedules must not impede the bracket from advancing). Additionally, semifinal matches must conclude by midnight Pacific Standard Time Sunday, January 15th to assist with the production setup for broadcasting the finals.
- All Finals matches will be streamed on the HSEL Twitch and therefore cannot be rescheduled.
- Your opponent must agree to the rescheduled time in match chat on the Generation Esports platform or the default time will remain.
All times in this section are represented in Eastern Standard Time. Matches will start no earlier than the scheduled time, but may start later if a previous match runs long.
- 5:00 pm - Pennsylvania Rocket League Finals
- 5:00 pm - New York Rocket League Finals
- 6:30 pm - Texas Rocket League Finals
- 8:00 pm - California Rocket League Finals
- 6:00 pm - Texas Valorant Finals
- 8:00 pm - California Valorant Finals
These tournaments are "winner take all" -- the winning team for each tournament will receive an HSEL State Champion banner to hang in their school. These banners will be custom-made after the conclusion of the tournament and may take up to 8 weeks for production and shipping.