This article explains the key dates, times, game information, and more for HSEL Fall '23 Premier. Please ensure that all team members are aware of the HSEL GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES before registration. Please see the HSEL Registration Guide for more details on signing up.
|Registration||5/1 - 9/21|
|Qualifiers||9/18 - 9/29|
|Atlantic Season||10/2 - 11/3|
|Atlantic Playoffs||11/6 - 12/8|
|West Regular Season||10/2 - 11/17|
|West Playoffs||11/27 - 12/8|
|Wild Card (LCQ)||1/8 - 1/19|
Rocket League is completely free to compete and does not require the purchase of a battle pass.
|Game||Team Size||Platform(s)||Match Length||Playoff Size*|
ATLANTIC: Top 4 per Group
WEST: Top 4
ATLANTIC: Top 4 per Group
WEST: Top 4
|Qualifiers||6 available queue rounds; participants may use up to 5. Losses will be added for unplayed matches. Must play at least 3 matches to be considered for qualification.||2 weeks|
|Regular Season||Round Robin||
ATLANTIC: 5 weeks
WEST: 7 weeks
ATLANTIC: 11/6 - 12/8
WEST: 11/27 - 12/8
|Wild Card (LCQ)||
Single elimination bracket. Winner claims a spot in Nationals. Must opt-in to play.
|5 rounds max. (depending on opt-ins)|
Qualifier Match Times
There are six available queue rounds; participants may play in a maximum of five and a minimum of three to be eligible to qualify, but a loss(es) will be added to any participant's record if only 3 or 4 matches are completed. All games have “Last Chance Queue(s)” on the last Friday of week 2 (9/29).
|Game||Day(s)||Queue Times (includes 9/29)|
Atlantic (Rounds 1, 3 & 5) 4:00 pm Central or 4:30 pm Central
Atlantic (Rounds 2, 4 & 6) 5:30 pm CentralWest - 4:30 pm & 5:30 pm Pacific
Atlantic - 4:00 pm or 4:30 pm CentralWest - 4:30 pm Pacific
Regular Season Match Times
- Round Robin matches can be rescheduled to any point during the regular season if agreed upon by both teams in the match chat and requested via a support ticket.
- Upon receiving a 2nd FF no-show loss, a Premier participant will be removed from the competition and placed in the "Major" event for the remainder of the season. The participant will additionally be ineligible for that season's Wild Card.
|Game||Day||Default Match Times|
Atlantic - 4:30 pm Central
West - 4:30 pm Pacific
Atlantic - 4:30 pm CentralWest - 4:30 pm Pacific
The playoff schedule will be linked here when ready!
This schedule also contains the Finals match stream schedule for all 3 titles. Streamed matches cannot be rescheduled.
How to Qualify for Premier Playoffs
- A roster must:
- Play all matches in order to be eligible for playoff qualification.
- End the season at a high enough leaderboard placement (see tiebreakers below).
- The tiebreaker system will be run as a tiered protocol that will be used if multiple teams finish the regular season with the same overall record, pursuant to rule 22.214.171.124:
- Wins. (Forfeit wins and bye wins are scored as a 0-0 win)
- Head-to-head record. (If the two tied teams have played each other, their match record against each other is compared)
- Overall game-win percentage. (e.g. winning a match 3-0 is better than 3-2)
- Goal/Round/Stock differential. (Example: a VALORANT roster with 13 rounds won and 8 rounds lost will have a round differential of +5 for that match. A higher positive value is better)
- Higher opponents’ game-win percentage. (e.g. it is better to beat an opponent who consistently won 3-0 than 3-2)
- Fewer forfeit losses.
- Fewer bye wins.
- The team which had a higher number of wins before their first loss.
- If the first loss is received after the same number of wins, then the team which lost to the stronger opponent (as defined by game win percentage) will be ranked higher.
Path to HSEL Nationals
- The most direct way to claim a spot in HSEL Nationals will be winning through the Premier season, either in the Fall or the Spring.
- An alternative way to qualify for HSEL Nationals is by winning one of the "HSEL Nationals Wild Card" tournaments. All non-winning HSEL Premier participants will be invited to the seasonal Wild Card, along with Major tournament regional champions Coaches must accept the invitation and opt-in for their students to be seeded into the Wild Card.