WHEN DOES THE TOURNAMENT START?
- Registration: 1/1 - 2/3
- Preseason: 1/17 - 2/6
- 9 Week Regular Season: 2/7 - 4/10
- Break: 4/11 - 4/16
- 1 Week Playoffs: 4/17 - 4/23
- Championships: 4/26 - 5/3
WHAT GAMES CAN I PARTICIPATE IN AND WHAT IS THE FORMAT?
2021 Spring Tournament Games
- CS:GO (PC) 5v5 - Best of 1 Regular Season, Best of 3 Playoffs, Best of 5 Finals
- Hearthstone (PC, Mobile) 1v1 - Best of 3 Regular Season, Best of 5 Playoffs and Finals
- Fortnite Duos ( PC, XB1, PS4, Switch) - 2 Games a Week
- Fortnite Solos (PC, XB1, PS4, Switch) - 2 Games a Week
- Super Smash Brothers Ultimate - (Switch) 1v1 - Best of 7 Regular Season, Playoffs and Finals
- NBA 2K21 (PS4) 1v1 - Best of 3 Regular Season, Best of 5 Playoffs and Finals
- Rainbow Six Siege (PC) 5v5 - Best of 3 Regular Season, Best of 5 Playoffs and Finals
- Rocket League (PC, XB1, PS4, Switch) 3v3 - Best of 7 Regular Season, Playoffs and Finals
- FIFA 21 (PS4) 1v1 - Best of 3 Regular Season, Best of 5 Playoffs and Finals
- Valorant (PC) 5v5 - Best of 1 Regular Season, Best of 3 Playoffs, best of 5 Finals
- Overwatch (PC) 6v6 - Best of 5 Regular Season, Best of 7 Finals
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Gunfight (PC, XB1, PS4) 2v2 - Best of 5 Regular Season, Best of 7 Playoffs and Finals
- Call of Duty Warzone (PC, XB1, PS4) 2v2 - Best of 3 Regular Season, Best of 5 Playoffs and Finals
- Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War: (PC, XB1, PS4) 4v4 - Best of 3 Regular Season, Best of 5 Playoffs and Finals
Regular season play is 10 weeks of Round Robin style play where participants play one match per week, per title.
Top performers from Seasonal play are invited to a single-elimination bracket. The size of the bracket will be determined by participation numbers.
Final matches to determine winners for each title. Finals are also single-elimination.
Post-season is a series of show matches between teams who did not make it into the playoffs.
WHO CAN PLAY AND HOW DO I GET STARTED?
This tournament is open to all participating NJCAAE colleges. If you haven't already signed up, fill out this doc and our success team will reach out and walk you through the registration process. Teams that have previously participated in the 2020 Fall Tournament will be able to register their rosters as soon as registration opens.
- Create a team: Once you are logged in, click "Teams" on the left menu bar and select "Create Team." From here, enter your school’s team name (example: Columbia CC Tigers).*Please note that only coaches should create a team.
- Add members: From you Team Dashboard, click the “Members” button on the top of the page to open the "Add Members" popup menu. From this menu you’ll have options to invite members by either email or by generating an invite link that you can share.
Game Connections: Players will need to connect their game accounts to their profile in order to be added to rosters or participate in tournaments. From your Dashboard click “Connect Games” on the left menu bar and then on the “Add Game Connection” button. From the popup window, select the game you wish to add from the dropdown menu and enter the screen name you use(please include the numbers included in your Battlenet tag and Switch Friend Code). Make sure to do this for every game you wish to participate in.
Create a Roster: From your Team Dashboard, click the “Roster” button on the top of the page. From this page you will be able to edit any existing rosters, or create new ones by clicking the “Create New” button. Name your roster, making sure to include your school name (example: Columbia CC Tigers RL), select which game the roster is going to be playing from the drop down menu and click on the “Add Members” button. Keep in mind that only members with the correct game connections will appear on the “Available Members” list on the popup screen.
- Joining the Community: Teams will need to join the NJCAAE Community in order to participate in official NJCAAE tournaments. From your Dashboard click “Communities'' on the left menu bar. Find the NJCAAE community and click on the + button in the upper right corner. On the NJCAAE community page select that you're registering a team and follow the instructions on the following pages. The success team will then review and verify your application.
Assign Battle Passes: From your dashboard, click "Teams'' on the left menu bar and then select the team you created in Step 1. From here, click the “Battle Pass Inventory'' button. On the Team Battle Pass Inventory screen, you will be able to see how many passes you have available and how many have been assigned. Click the “Assign” button to be taken to the Assign Passes page. Here, you will be able to assign or revoke passes to any/all players who are registered to your team. All players on a roster must have a Battle Pass assigned to them in order to register for a tournament (Step 6).
Please note: The “Purchase Passes' ' section on the left menu bar is not relevant to NJCAAE participants. All passes are provided to you by the success team after your school has been invoiced.
- Register your roster for a tournament: From your dashboard, click "Tournaments" on the left menu bar and then select "Competitions." Here you will see tournaments for HSEL and Generation Esports. Click the dropdown that says "All Tournaments," and filter for Generation Esports. Once you have found the correct tournament, click on the image. From this page, click on the drop down and select the roster you just made and click "Register." Now you're ready to play!
WHEN DO WE PLAY OUR MATCHES?
Default play days and times are set for each game, though players may schedule their match for another time if both teams agree to a reschedule. All matches must be played by 11:59pm CST the Saturday of that week.
- Default Days and Times per Game
*Fortnite match queues will open at 5:50pm EST and Close at 6:05pm EST
HOW DO WE SEE OUR WEEKLY MATCHUP?
At the start of the season players and coaches will see their matches for the entire season on their Dashboard and My Matches page.
Enter Match Chat to begin communicating with your opponent to get ready for the game.
After the game is played, the winner of the game must report the match outcome. Under your Competition’s Leaderboard, you can see performance of players in the current round, including their match score.
HOW CAN WE GET IN CONTACT WITH OUR OPPONENT?
It’s requested that all communication happen through the “Match Chat” section of the Match Page. If you do not receive a response from your opponent, there will be email contact information for the team’s coach down in the roster section of the page as an alternative way of making contact. Teams and coaches may also communicate using the NJCAAE Discord Server
HOW DO WE REPORT SCORES/FORFEITS?
To report scores or forfeits, click on the match from your dashboard and scroll to the section called, “Report Match Score.” If the match was forfeited, click the “win by forfeit” box under the winner’s name. Scores must be reported as soon as the match is completed.
HOW CAN WE REPORT RULE VIOLATIONS OR TOXIC BEHAVIOR?
For fastest support with rule violations, toxic behavior, or match disputes, please make sure you have joined the NJCAAE Discord server and selecte your role for the respective tournament you are competing in. Ping the @support role and let them know you need to talk with someone. Do not discuss these issues in public channels.
WHAT ARE THE RULES FOR OUR GAMES?
You will find rules for each game in the link below.
You can also search our knowledge base for articles which might answer any other questions you might have. If not, feel free to join our Discord or open a support ticket through the help widget at the bottom of our webpage to find the answers you need. In addition, schedule time with our success team if you have any further questions.