WHEN DOES THE TOURNAMENT START?
- Registration Deadline - 4/5
- Tournament Start - 4/5
- Tournament End - 4/23
- Playoffs Start - 4/26
- Playoffs End - 4/30
WHAT IS THE TOURNAMENT FORMAT?
- Best of 1 Regular Tournament, Best of 3 Finals
Where participants play 1 match a day in a single-elimination tournament
WHO CAN PLAY AND HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- First you will have to join the Army National Guard community on Generation Esports. To do so, you need to visit this link that will take you to the community page, and click on the "Join" button as shown below.
If you don't have an account yet, you will be prompted to create one. Otherwise, you can log in to your existing account.
- Create a team: Once you are logged in, click "Teams" on the left menu bar. From there, select "Create Team." From here, enter your team name for the tournament
- Game Connections: Players will need to connect their game accounts to their profile in order to be added to rosters or participate in tournaments. From your Dashboard click “Connect Games” on the left menu bar and then on the “Add Game Connection” button. From the popup window, select the game you wish to add from the dropdown menu and enter the screen name you use(please include the numbers included in your Battlenet tag and Switch Friend Code). Make sure to do this for every game you wish to participate in.
- Create a Roster: From you Team Dashboard, click the “Roster” button on the top of the page. From this page you will be able to edit any existing rosters, or create new ones by clicking the “Create New” button. Name your roster select the games you want to participate in from the drop down menu and click on the “Add Members” button to add yourself to the roster. Keep in mind that only players with the correct game connections will appear on the “Available Members” list on the popup screen.
- Register your roster for a tournament: From your dashboard, click "Tournaments" on the left menu bar and then select "Competitions." Here you will see tournaments for HSEL and Generation Esports. Click the dropdown that says "All Tournaments," and filter for ARNG Community Tournament. Once you have found the correct tournament, click on the image. From this page, click on the drop-down and select the roster you just made and click "Register." Now you're ready to play!
WHEN DO WE PLAY OUR MATCHES?
Players may queue up for one match a day, at either 7 pm EST and or 9 pm EST Monday thru Friday.
HOW DO WE SEE OUR MATCHUPS?
Our queue system is very similar to queue systems that have become standard in many online games. The big difference is we offer queue windows for each competition so teachers and teams can be aware of when to have their teams ready. For example, if you wanted to play in a 7 pm match on Monday you would press the join queue button on your dashboard from anywhere between 7 pm and 7:15 pm to be queued for a match. Once the queue closes 15 minutes after it opens, all players in the queue will be assigned their opponent and then you’ll all be automatically sent to a new match page where you can communicate with your opponent. From there you’ll create the game lobby, play your match, and then come back to the platform to report your score.
HOW CAN WE GET IN CONTACT WITH OUR OPPONENT?
All players need to utilize the Match Chat feature on the Generation Esports platform to communicate with their opponent. Once your queue "pops" for your weekly match, you will be able to contact your opponent directly through the match page.
HOW DO WE REPORT SCORES OR FORFEITS?
To report scores or forfeits, click on the match from your dashboard and scroll to the section called, “Report Match Score.” If the match was forfeited, click the “win by forfeit” box under the winner’s name. Scores must be reported as soon as the match is completed.
HOW CAN WE REPORT RULE VIOLATIONS OR TOXIC BEHAVIOR?
Please join the Generation Esports Discord Server and Ping the @support role and let them know you need to talk with someone. Do not discuss these issues in public channels. If you need to report a rule violation or toxic behavior after a match has completed please submit a match dispute.
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
You can find the Rules on our help site. You can also search our knowledge base for articles that might answer any other questions you might have. If not, feel free to join our Discord or open a support ticket through the Help widget at the bottom of our webpage to find the answers you need.