WHEN DOES THE SEASON START?
Below, you will find the key dates for the Swan City FC Esports spring season. Dates are subject to change based on the impact of coronavirus on schools across the country.
- Registration: 3/15/2021-3/26/2021
- 1-day tournament: 3/26/2021
WHO CAN PLAY AND HOW DO I GET STARTED?
The Swan City FC Esports spring season is a private community for all Swan City FC players.
- Sign Up
- In order to compete in the Swan City FC Esports spring season, coaches (or a designated player) must first sign up on the Generations Esports website as a team administrator. Coaches/admins will end up inviting their players onto their created team (details below).
- Apply to the Swan City FC Community
- In order to register for the tournament, you must join the Swan City FC community as a team.
- To do this, select “Communities” on the left-hand navigation and scroll through to Swan City FC.
- Click “Learn More” to be taken to the main community page, and select “Join” in the upper right-hand corner.
- From the “select an option” dropdown, select “+ Create Team” and press continue to be able to be taken to the community terms where you can accept them and press continue.
- From here you can name your team (the twitter information is optional) and press “Continue” which will grant you access into the Swan City FC community!
- Add team members
- On the left-hand navigation, select “Teams” and then select your team.
- From here you can click on your “Members “ tab at the top to access your members page where you can invite your members and view your members list.
- Click on the “Add Members'' button. From here you can invite members by entering their email or by generating an invite link that you can share.
- Connect Games
- Players will need to connect their screen name/gamertag to their profile in order to be added to a roster.
- Select “Connect Games” on the left-hand navigation and choose “Add Game Connection”
- From the game connection popup window, select the game you wish to add from the dropdown menu and enter the screen name/gamertag you use for that game (please include the numbers included in your Switch Friend Code).
- Create a roster
- From your left-hand navigation, select “Teams” and then select your team.
- From here you can click on your “Rosters” tab at the top to access your rosters page where you can create/edit rosters and view your rosters list.
- Click on the “Create New” button. Name your roster, select Rocket League from the dropdown and then click on the “Add Members” button to add members to the roster.
- Check the two boxes below the roster window and hit “Save”
Note: ***Keep in mind that only members with the correct game connections will appear***
- Purchase/Assign Swan City FC Passes
- Before registering your roster, each player will need to be assigned a Battle Pass. These can be purchased through the “Purchase Passes” section of the left-hand navigation menu.
- Once on the purchase passes page, press the purchase option on the “Swan City FC” battle pass.
- Choose how many passes you want (1 per player) and either select your team name (if purchasing for the team--admins only) or yourself if just purchasing for your account from the dropdown.
- (Admin ONLY) Once purchased, you can assign passes by going into your “Battle Pass Inventory” on your team page and then select “Assign” on your battle pass.
- (Admin ONLY)This will display a list of team members and provide the option to assign them a pass
***If you purchased a pass for yourself, it will be automatically assigned to you***
- Register your roster for a tournament.
- From your left-hand navigation menu, select "Communities", then under “My Communities”, select “Learn More” on the Swan City FC to be taken to the community’s main page.
- From here you can click “Tournaments” and click on Rocket League to open its tournament page.
- Once you’re on the tournament page, click the “Register Now” button and choose your roster from the dropdown menu and select “Register Now”. Congratulations! Your roster is tournament ready!
Note: ***If you have not made a roster, you will not be able to register for a tournament***
**IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING REGISTRATION PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org**
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES FOR THIS SEASON?
Will be determined by Swan City FC.
WHEN DO WE PLAY OUR MATCHES?
Default play days and times are set for each game, though players may schedule their match for another time if both teams agree to a reschedule. All matches must be played by 11:59pm CST the Saturday of that week.
Match windows will be open during the following:
- 4:30 MDT
- 5:30 MDT
- 6:30 MDT
- 7:30 MDT
- 8:30 MDT
Best of 5
QUEUING FOR YOUR MATCH
Windows for match times will open in the “Today’s Play Times” section of your dashboard at the set queue time listed on the schedule. Once the set queue time arrives, you can then press “Join Party” to be thrown into the 15 minute matchmaking window.
Teams will first need to “Join Party” before their “Join Queue” option will appear. Teams can “Join Party” up to 15 minutes before the queue time. Once all team members are in the party and the queue time arrives, the party captain (designated with a joystick next to their name) will be able to select the "Join Queue" button at the top right. Queues will remain open until 15 minutes after their listed time. Once the timer reaches 0, queued teams will be matched against each other.
MATCH PAGE INFORMATION
When a match is found, both teams or individuals will be taken to a match page where they can view their opponents screen names (gamertags), report their scores, and utilize the match chat if need be. Each team will be designated as “home” or “away” and it is up to the “home” team to create a custom match and invite their opponents to the match. After the match is complete, the winner of the match will report the score in the “reporting scores” section. (each win counts as 1 pt)
HOW CAN WE GET IN CONTACT WITH OUR OPPONENT?
All players need to utilize the Match Chat feature on the Varsity Esports platform to communicate with their opponent. Once your queue "pops" for your weekly match, you will be able to contact your opponent directly through the match page.
HOW DO WE REPORT SCORES/FORFEITS?
To report scores or forfeits, click on the match from your dashboard and scroll to the section called, “Report Match Score.” If the match was forfeited, click the “win by forfeit” box under the winning team’s name. Once you submit, you will be able to see who reported the score. Match scores and forfeits must be reported as soon as your match has finished.
HOW CAN WE REPORT RULE BREAKS OR TOXIC BEHAVIOR?
Please report any rule violations or toxic behavior to email@example.com as soon as it happens.
WHAT ARE THE MATCH SETTINGS/RULES FOR MY GAME?
You will find match settings and rules for Rocket League in the link below.