Developer: Mojang Studios
Publisher: Mojang Studios
Platform: PC (Java Edition)
Genre: Survival, Battle Royale
Release Date: November 2011
Rating: E10+ for Everyone 10 and Up
Minecraft Survival Games 101
- “Survival Games” is a variant game type built around the core gameplay of Minecraft, that of survival, and presented in a solo Battle Royale format.
- Players are spawned into a procedurally-generated map with nothing except for the goal to be the last one standing.
- At the start of the game, players will be in a large ring surrounding a cache of useful supplies. All the supplies are held in chests.
- Competitors can either choose to test their wits immediately and run for the chests or make their way into the wilderness and craft the necessary tools for victory themselves.
- Once the initial action of the first few minutes dies down, players will begin tracking each other in hopes of eliminating the competition and being the last alive.
- Similar to the core game, crafting is essential to long-game success and potential victory. Here are a few things players are able to craft:
- Armor (Helmet, Chestplate, Boots, etc.)
- Weapons (Sword, Axe, Crossbow, etc.)
- Health Items (Food such as apples/steak, Milk, etc.)
- Potions can be crafted and consumed to gain various useful effects such as improved strength, movement speed, fire resistance, etc. There are two different types of potion:
- Regular Potion (takes a long time to drink, long-lasting effects applied to the user)
- Splash Potion (Area of effect, less time taken to consume, but could accidentally help opponents if present in the splash area)
- Terrain can be modified by using pickaxes/shovels, allowing players to create strategic advantages for better maneuvering against an opponent.
- Health, hunger, stamina, and weapon durability (among other stats) are all needed to be managed properly by the players in order to achieve victory.
- Game Overviews PDF.pdf200 KB