This article explains the ins and outs of using the Skill-Based Matchmaking Queue System that players will use to match up with their opponent on match day.
If you are looking to dispute a match or have immediate questions regarding match processes, please contact our support team HERE.
Queuing For Your Match
- Queues for match times will open in the “Today’s Play Times” section of the dashboard at the set queue time listed.
- Once the queue time arrives, you can press "Join Party" (see Team Queueing) or “Join Queue” (see Solo Queueing) to enter the 5-minute skill-based matchmaking window.
- Players will first need to “Join Party” before being able to enter a matchmaking queue. Players can “Join Party” early before the queue window officially opens.
- Once all team members are in the party window and the queue window has opened, the roster will automatically be entered into the queue window's matchmaking pool.
- Queue Windows will remain open until 5 minutes after their listed time. Once the timer reaches 0, queued teams will be matched against each other.
- The first person to join the party is designated as the party leader. If that person exits the party or queue, it will remove all members in the party window.
- ALL PLAYERS: Please keep the tab containing the party window open and front-facing, as navigating away from the platform may cause connection issues.
- Solo players need to press the “Join Queue” button once the queue window opens up at the set queue time.
- There will be a 5-minute window of time from the start of the queue time that joining the queue will be available. Once the timer reaches 0, queued players will be matched against each other.
- Please keep the tab containing the queue window open and front-facing, as navigating away from the platform may cause connection issues.
Match Page Information
- Once the queue timer reaches zero, you will be matched with your opponent.
- Both teams or individuals will be taken to the match page where they can view their opponent's game names (gamertags), report scores (winning team only), and utilize the match chat.
- Each team will be designated as either “home” or “away” and it is up to the “home” team to create a custom/private match.
- After the match is complete, the winner of the match will report the match score in the “reporting scores” section.
Contacting Your Opponent
- All players need to utilize the Match Chat feature on the right side of the match page to communicate with their opponent.
- If your opponent is unresponsive, please contact our support team HERE.
Reporting Scores / Forfeits
- To report scores or forfeits, click on the match from your dashboard and scroll to the “Report Match Score” section.
- You can insert the scores in this section by counting every game/round win as 1 point. If the match was forfeited, click the “win by forfeit” box under the winning team’s name.
- Once you click submit, you will be able to see who reported the score.
- Match scores and forfeits must be reported as soon as your match has finished.
- If you need to settle a score dispute or report any sort of misconduct, please contact our support team HERE.
What if I do not get matched up with anyone?
In the event that an odd number of players/rosters queues up at a specific time, one player or roster will not get matched and will instead receive a bye win for that week. Any player/roster that receives a bye win in this way will be moved into a priority queue for the remainder of the tournament to ensure they get matched up in future queues.
Reporting Rule Violations Or Negative/Offensive Behavior
- Please report any rule violations or negative/offensive behavior to HSEL support staff as soon as it happens by submitting a ticket here.