Skip to main content
Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
Platform: Playstation, Xbox, Switch, PC
Genre: First-Person Shooter (FPS)
Price: $20 (PC) $60 (Consoles)
Rating: T for Teen
- Overwatch is a 6v6 “Hero Shooter”, full of different playable characters, each with their own unique abilities, mechanics, etc. Each team can only have one of each hero active at any given time.
- For PC, Overwatch is available to download on the Battlenet Games Client.
- Upon release, Overwatch quickly rose to the upper echelon of the esports world with its dedicated focus on standout team-focused gameplay.
- Competitive Overwatch games are played across three different modes:
- Assault (Attackers attempt to capture series of points; defenders hold them off)
- Control (Both teams fight to capture a single objective)
- Escort (Attackers escort a payload while defenders try to stop their progress)
- Each game mode ends when Attackers accomplish their objective OR Defenders hold off until the game timer reaches zero.
- Below is a more in-depth look at the characters and abilities present in Overwatch:
- Each hero has unique weapons and abilities suited for various situations.
- Heroes are separated into three distinct categories:
- Damage heroes seek out to engage and defeat opponents using their various tools and abilities. It is the duty of a damage hero to secure eliminations.
- Support players empower their allies by healing, boosting damage, or providing vital utility. These heroes are essential to a team’s survival.
- Tanks soak up damage, create space for the team, and break apart fortified positions. Heroes in the tank category will lead the charge.
- Along with each hero comes multiple abilities. These are defined in three ways:
- Active (need to cool down between uses. Average 2 per hero)
- Passive (unique, inherent abilities/perks that do not need to be activated)
- Ultimate (powerful abilities; charge them by healing allies or dealing damage)
- You will find a guide on how to build a custom match for Overwatch HERE.
- View our Console & PC Overview HERE.
- View PC Minimum System requirements HERE.