Skip to main content
Developer: Riot Games
Publisher: Riot Games
Genre: First-Person Shooter (FPS)
Rating: T for Teen
- Valorant is a 5v5 “Hero Shooter”, full of different playable characters called “Agents”, each with their own unique abilities, mechanics, etc. Teams can only have one of each agent active at any given time.
- The game has been praised for its steep learning curve and potential for highlight-worthy individual plays. It is available for free download on the Riot Games Client.
- Each game is round-based; the first team to win 13 rounds will win the game.
- In-between rounds, players can purchase weapons, abilities, and shields using in-game “cash”. The amount of earned cash depends on previous round performance.
- There are no respawns w/in the round. Once a player is eliminated, they will have to wait until the next round begins to respawn.
- “Plant/Diffuse” is the standard competitive game mode in Valorant. Attackers attempt to plant a bomb at one of the 2 (or 3) bomb sites and Defenders will try to stop them. The game ends when one of the following happens:
- The bomb is planted and explodes
- The bomb is defused by Defenders
- All members of a team are eliminated
- Attackers fail to plant the bomb before the timer runs out
- There are 4 types of agents that serve unique tactical purposes:
- Duelists (Self-sufficient eliminators of the opposing team)
- Controllers (manage territory to set their team up for success)
- Initiators (challenge angles & set up allies to successfully enter contested areas)
- Sentinels (defensive experts locking down areas and holding flanks)
- Abilities for the agents are separated into 3 distinct categories:
- Purchasable (bought with in-game “cash”; usually some form of item/utility)
- Signature (unique to each agent and “free”; needs to cool down before 2nd use)
- Ultimate (powerful abilities that are charged by completing objectives, eliminating opponents, or collecting “ultimate orbs” around the map)
- “Economy” refers to the management of in-game cash earned through completing rounds and an individual’s performance in those rounds. Players and teams will need to communicate and strategize how much money they’re spending to best gain an advantage against their opponents.
- You will find a guide on how to build a custom match for Valorant HERE.
- View our Console & PC Overview HERE.
- View PC Minimum System requirements HERE.