This article explains the steps for students signing up with High School Esports League as a free agent for the Summer Challenge season. To get started with an official School Team for Spring/Fall Major, please see Getting Started 101.
- Sign up as a “student” on the HSEL website.
- Verification of student status is required to complete the signup. Acceptable documents are:
- School ID
- Report Card
- Your application may take up to 48 hours to process.
- Verification of your email and student status is required before approval.
- You will be contacted via email when your application has been approved.
Team Page Information
- Select "Teams" from the left-hand navigation and choose "+Create Team".
- On your team page, you can view your team's information, add members, and create rosters.
- Click “Members” on your team page.
- Click “+ Add Member” to be able to generate a team invitation.
- Members will be added once they sign up through your initiation link.
Adding Game Connections
- Click “Game Connection” on the left-hand navigation.
- Click “Add Game Connection”, select the game & enter your screen name for that game, & save.
- A Discord game connection is required for every team member.
- Include the numbers in the Battlenet tag & Switch Friend Code if applicable.
- Click “Rosters” on your team page.
- Click “Create New”, name your roster, & select what game it is for.
- Click “Add Members” & select what team members you want on the roster.
Registering for Tournaments
- Select "Communities" from the left-hand navigation then “Learn More” on the HSEL community.
- Click on the Tournaments tab.
- Click on the tournament you want to register for & select “Register Now”
- Select the roster you wish to register and click “Register Now”. Congratulations! Your roster is tournament-ready.