This article explains all the necessary information about the HSEL Playoffs (i.e.) days/times of matches, where to find the bracket, how many teams qualify, etc.
How many teams/players will make the playoffs?
- The amount of participants that make it into the playoffs is determined by how many registered.
|Game||# of Teams in Playoffs||# of Rounds|
|Call of Duty Cold War||32||5|
|Counter-Strike: Global Offensive||8||3|
|NBA 2K22 PlayStation 5||2||1|
|NBA 2K21 PlayStation 4||8||3|
|NBA 2K21 Xbox One||8||3|
|NBA 2K22 Xbox Series X/S||2||1|
|Rainbow 6 Siege PC||16||4|
|Rainbow 6 Siege PlayStation||4||2|
|Rainbow 6 Siege Xbox||4||2|
|Minecraft Survival Games||48||2|
|Madden 22 PlayStation 5||2||1|
|Madden 22 Xbox Series X/S||2||1|
How to Qualify
- A roster/player must:
- Play at least 6 matches in order to be eligible for playoff qualification.
- End the season at a high enough leaderboard placement, relative to the above chart.
- Note: Any unplayed regular-season matches will be counted as a loss against the roster/player's record at the end of the regular season.
- The tiebreaker system will be run as a tiered protocol that will be used if multiple teams finish the regular season with the same overall record:
- If the overall match record is the same, then Head-to-Head records will be compared.
- If the head-to-head record is the same, then the overall game win % will be compared.
- If the overall game win % is the same, then the opponent match game win % will be compared.
- If the opponent game win % is the same, then the Number of forfeit losses will be compared.
- If the number of forfeit losses is the same, then the number of byes will be compared.
- If the number of byes is the same, then who received their first loss later in the tournament will be compared.
- If the first loss is received in the same round, then who lost to the stronger opponent will be compared.
- Opponent strength based on game win % will be compared
Where can I view the playoff bracket?
- Select "Tournaments" from the left-hand menu.
- Under "My Tournaments", choose the tournament whose playoff bracket you want to view.
- Scroll down until you have found the “Leaderboard” section and click “Playoffs”.
- Click the “Bracket View” button to open the playoff bracket for that specific game.
- This is an example of a playoff bracket.
- All matches will be played at 8 pm Eastern unless specified otherwise.
- Any finals match at 7:15 ET is being STREAMED on Twitch.
- Finals matches streamed on Twitch can not be rescheduled.
- Playoffs/finals are manually seeded, players will not use the queue system.
- You can only reschedule a playoff match if you meet the following criteria:
- Your match is not streamed
- your competitor agrees to the new time
- Your match time is before the time listed below
- You contact support HERE
- Your opponent must agree to the reschedule or the default time will remain.
- Minecraft: Survival Games (Round 1) has been rescheduled to Friday, 12/3, at 8pm ET. The Finals round will take place as scheduled below.
Things to know
- Your admin will be emailed a form to fill out to ensure you receive your prizing.
- Any admin with a team/player who made it to the playoffs will be notified via email.
- Match format is located in the specific tournament overview. You can find the overview in the HSEL community section of our help site.
- A player or roster’s seeding for a tournament is based on their MMR (matchmaking rating). Players gain MMR during the regular season by winning and lose MMR by losing.
- The amount of MMR you gain or lose is based on the strength of your opponent. You get more MMR for beating a higher-ranked opponent and lose more for losing to a lower-ranked opponent.