This article explains how to sign up for a free account on the Generation Esports platform in order to register for High School Esports League competitions. Please visit our TECH HELP section for assistance with whitelisting, PC minimum/recommended specs, and more.
- Sign up for a free Generation Esports account as a School Official (Educators) or Student (13+).
- You will be guided through the team creation process to join the HSEL Community.
- The HSEL Summer Open allows for "Free Agent" teams, meaning high school students do not have to be from the same school to play together. If you are a student looking to compete in Summer Open, please use the "Student" link above. Acceptable forms of student status are:
- Student ID, Official Course Schedule, Report Card.
- New accounts will be prompted to set at least one game connection.
- Educators are welcome to skip this step by clicking "Skip all" in the bottom right of the window.
- If you are an educator taking over an existing HSEL team, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Adding Team Members
- Click “Members” on your team page.
- Click “+ Add Member” and generate a link for team invitations.
- Members will be automatically added once they sign up through the link.
- New members will be prompted to set at least one game connection from a set of game icons.
- Select the proper game and enter the proper "in-game name" (Screen Name).
Adding Game Connections (Post Sign-up)
- Click “Game Connection” on the left-hand navigation.
- Click “Add Game Connection”, select the game, enter your screen name for that game, and save.
- Include the numbers in the Battlenet tag and Switch Friend Code if applicable.
- Click “Rosters” on your team page.
- Click “Create New”, name your roster, and select what game it is for.
- Click “Add Members” and select what team members you want on the roster.
Purchasing Passes (Your Team)
- Choose this option if you are an admin acquiring passes for other team members.
- Click “Purchase Passes” on the left-hand menu, then "Purchase" on the respective pass.
- Select the team you are purchasing passes for from the dropdown menu and press continue.
- Choose which members need a pass and press continue.
- Select your payment method for the purchase.
- To pay by invoice, email email@example.com & provide them with what type of pass and how many you wish to purchase.
Assigning Battle Passes
- On your team’s page, select Battle Pass Inventory.
- To assign your members battle passes, click the “Assign” button next to their name.
- Revoke an assigned pass by clicking “Revoke”.
- All members on a roster must be assigned a pass to be registered for a tournament.
- Certain titles are exceptions to the above rule. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Registering for a Tournament
- Click "Communities" from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Choose "Learn More" on the HSEL community and click the "Tournaments" tab.
- Select the tournament you want to register for and click “Register Now”.
- Select the roster you wish to register and click “Register Now”.
If you need further registration assistance, please schedule a call with your regional success agent here.