This article explains how to sign up for a Middle School Esports League account in order to register for MSEL competitions. Please visit our TECH HELP section for assistance with whitelisting, PC minimum/recommended specs, and more.
- Sign up for a free account on the MSEL website.
- You will be guided through the team creation process to join the MSEL Community.
- An educator (school official) must be the team admin for the MSEL school team.
- New accounts will be prompted to set at least one game connection.
- Educators are welcome to skip this step by clicking "Skip all" in the bottom right of the window.
- If you are an educator taking over an existing HSEL team, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Adding Team Members
- Your regional success agent will generate user accounts that can be assigned to students.
- If you are unaware of who your success agent is, reach out to email@example.com.
- Provide a # of accounts needed for your students.
- You will receive a spreadsheet containing a list of generic usernames and login information that can be assigned to your students.
- This will be what they use to gain access to the MSEL platform.
- Please do not edit any of the data on GenE to contain the personal information of students.
Adding Game Connections (Post Sign-up)
- Click “Game Connection” on the left-hand navigation.
- Click “Add Game Connection”, select the game, enter your screen name for that game, and save.
- Include the numbers in the Battlenet tag and Switch Friend Code if applicable.
- Click “Rosters” on your team page.
- Click “Create New”, name your roster, and select what game it is for.
- Click “Add Members” and select what team members you want on the roster.
Purchasing Passes (Your Team)
- Choose this option if you are an admin acquiring passes for other team members.
- If you are looking to pay by invoice, email firstname.lastname@example.org & provide them with what type of pass and how many you wish to purchase. Otherwise:
- Click “Purchase Passes” on the left-hand menu, then "Purchase" on the respective pass.
- Select the team you are purchasing passes for from the dropdown menu and press continue.
- Choose which members need a pass and press continue.
- Select your payment method for the purchase.
- To pay by invoice, email email@example.com & provide them with what type of pass and how many you wish to purchase.
Assigning Battle Passes
- On your team’s page, select Battle Pass Inventory.
- To assign your members battle passes, click the “Assign” button next to their name.
- Revoke an assigned pass by clicking “Revoke”.
- All members on a roster must be assigned a pass to be registered for a tournament.
- Certain titles are exceptions to the above rule. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Registering for a Tournament
- Click "Communities" from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Choose "Learn More" on the MSEL community and click the "Tournaments" tab.
- Select the tournament you want to register for and click “Register Now”.
- Select the roster you wish to register and click “Register Now”.
If you need further registration assistance, please schedule a call with your regional success agent here.