This article explains how to sign up for a Generation Esports account in order to register for Esports Educators' Community tournaments.
Sign Up and Create A New Educator Team
- New educators: sign up for a free account on Generation Esports.
- Returning educators: create your Educator Community Team. Select "Educator Team" when prompted.
- You will need to submit some verification of your status as an educator in order for your team to be approved in the community. Options include:
- Staff ID | Faculty Directory (photo or screenshot) | Screenshot of an approved HSEL/MSEL team
- If none of these work for you, please contact us using the emails above!
- Community Team applications are reviewed and approved daily.
- All new signups will be prompted to set a game connection after creating an account.
- Team admins who are not competing can click "Skip all" in the bottom right.
- Select your game(s) from the icons & enter your in-game name(s) or "Screen Name".
- Include the numbers in the Battlenet tag and Switch Friend Code if applicable.
- To add any future game connections:
- Click “Connect Games” on the GenE Platform left-hand navigation.
- Click “Add Game Connection”, select the game, enter your screen name for that game, and save.
Adding Team Members
- Click “Members” on your team page.
- Click “+ Add Member” and generate a link for team invitations.
- Members will be added once they click (or sign up through) the link.
- Click “Rosters” on your team page.
- Click “Create New”, name your roster, and select what game it is for.
- Click “Add Members” and select what team members you want on the roster.
- If a member does not appear, check to ensure that they have added an appropriate game connection.
Registering for a Tournament
- Select "Communities" from the left-hand navigation menu, then select “Learn More” on the Esports Educators' community.
- Click on the Tournaments tab.
- Select the tournament you want to register for & click “Register Now”.
- Select the roster you wish to register & click “Register Now”.
- Video Tutorial