Developer: Respawn Entertainment, Panic Button Games
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Platform: PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Nintendo Switch
Genre: First-Person Battle Royale
Rating: T for Teen (13+)
Apex Legends 101
- Apex is a team-based battle royale in which squads of 3 fight to be the last team standing.
- Like other BRs, there is a safe zone consistently shrinking throughout the game.
- The storm (outside the safe zone) does more damage as the game goes on.
- Apex borrows hero shooter elements from the likes of Overwatch, where players can choose a legend to play. Only one legend can be active on a team at a given time.
- Released in February 2019, Apex quickly gained 50 million players and cemented itself as a true contender for the best battle royale among the likes of Fortnite and CoD Warzone.
- Players can pick from legends that fall into the following categories:
- Support, Recon, Offensive, Defensive.
- Squadmates should carefully craft their squad with legends from different categories.
- More populated areas of the map will have better loot/equipment.
- "Hot Drop" zones have the highest tier loot but are the most populated.
- Abilities for these legends are sorted into the following:
- Passive - Perk(s) that are always active
- Tactical - Needs to be initiated by the player and operates on a cooldown
- Ultimate - Takes time to charge up to 100% and can be sped up by performing certain actions such as eliminations, assists, etc.