Skip to main content
Developer: Blue Mammoth Games
Publisher: Ubisoft (separate Ubisoft account required)
Platform: PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Nintendo Switch, Mac OS, Android, iOS
Genre: Platform Fighter
Rating: T for Teen (13+)
- Brawlhalla is a platform fighter where players can choose from a list of 50+ fighters called Legends and duke it out on various platforms (stages).
- Unlike traditional fighting games, like Street Fighter or Guilty Gear, players achieve victory by knocking their opponent off of the play stage.
Different characters (Legends) can be unlocked by earning in-game coins and buying them through the game's store.
- Coins are earned by completing challenges and logging in each day.
Each legend has its own unique skill set, combos, and timing.
- It is advised that players stick to a character to truly learn their strengths/weaknesses.
- Varied combos are the most effective, as using the same moves repeatedly results in your opponent being able to easily predict attacks.
Here are a few mechanics that all players should familiarize themselves with:
- Edge-guarding - applying pressure to your opponent when trying to get back onto the stage. Throwing a weapon at them can bait an air dodge and provide players with an easy window for attacking.
- Aerials - Learn how your character moves in the air to take full advantage of vulnerable opponents