Developer: Blue Mammoth Games
Platform: PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Nintendo Switch, PC, Mac OS, Android, iOS
Genre: Platform Fighter
Rating: T for Teen (13+)
- Brawlhalla is a platform fighter where players can choose from a list of 50+ fighters called Legends and duke it out on various platforms (stages).
- Unlike traditional fighting games (i.e.) Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, players achieve victory by knocking their opponent off of the play stage.
- Different characters (Legends) can be unlocked by earning in-game coins and buying them through the game's store.
- Coins are earned by completing challenges and logging in each day.
- Each legend has its own unique move set, combos, and timing.
- It is advised that players stick to a character to truly learn their strengths/weaknesses.
- Varied combos are the most effective, as using the same moves repeatedly results in your opponent being able to easily predict attacks.
- Here are a few mechanics that all players should familiarize themselves with:
- Edge-guarding - applying pressure to your opponent when trying to get back onto the stage. Throwing a weapon at them can bait an air dodge and provide players with an easy window for attacking.
- Aerials - Learn how your character moves in the air to take full advantage of vulnerable opponents