- Check for system (PC/Console) updates.
- Check for any game and/or client (Epic Launcher, Steam, Riot, etc.) updates.
- (If applicable) Test school network to ensure proper ports and services are accessible onsite.
- ~1 hour prior to the match: Turn on your gaming devices. Double-check that there are no system updates.
- Launch the game from each device to double-check there are no game updates.
- Bonus: build in some extra time for your students to warm up!
- Players sign in to Generation Esports via a computer or mobile device
- Once on the Dashboard, find the “Today's Play Times” window.
- Ensure your students have selected the proper tournament in the drop-down
- Students: click the “Join Queue” button. (Video Walkthrough HERE)
This action must be completed during the 5-minute open queue window by all students who will be starting the match. Substitute students do not need to queue.
- Once the queue system creates a match, the page will refresh and place your students on the Match Page.
- The designated home team creates the private match* and invites their opponents
- Play the match (usually a "best of x" series).
- We recommend streaming or recording your gameplay (where permitted)! Engage your parents and community, and have game footage to review.
- Take screenshots/pictures of the scores of each game/round during the match.
- Once the match has concluded, the winning team will report the score*
- Optional: huddle up with your players to debrief the match
*Excludes Minecraft and CS:GO, where the server IP will be provided on the match page and scores will be automatically reported by the server.
If you experience any issues right before, during, or after the match, please contact our support team.