This article explains how to use the Generation Esports match page to communicate with opponents, report scores, etc. as well as where to locate match history. For a guide on how to use the Queue System, please review the QUEUE SYSTEM 101 article.
- The match page is where teams/players can view their opponent's game names (gamertags), report scores (winning team/player only), and utilize the match chat.
- A match page can be accessed in a few ways:
- Queue System - users are redirected to a new match page upon matching with an opponent
- Prescheduled - Match page accessible in the "Today's Play Times" box on a user's dashboard or (in the case of playoffs) through a tournament page's leaderboard/bracket.
MATCH PAGE KEY
- Game Time - Basic information showing the day & time of the match.
- Status - whether or not a score has been submitted (Incomplete or Finished).
- Round - The "stage" or "week" of the specific competition (i.e. Round 4 is akin to Week 4).
- Home Team - The team who will create the custom/private match. This is randomly designated by the Generation Esports platform.
- Rules - Format (team size and "Best of x") & Game Rules ("See Details").
- Report Match Score - This is where the winning team will input the overall match score (games/rounds won vs. games/rounds lost).
- If the match was forfeited, click the “win by forfeit” box under the winning team’s name.
- Match scores and forfeits must be reported as soon as your match has finished.
- "Contact Support" can be used to receive quick assistance from GenE support staff to settle a potential score dispute or report any sort of misconduct.
- Use "Share" to easily post-match results to socials!
- Match Chat - All players need to utilize the Match Chat feature on the right side of the match page to communicate with their opponent.
- Party Chat - Communicate exclusively with teammates.
- If your opponent is unresponsive, please contact our support team HERE.
- Participants - Displays both teams' roster information, most importantly each user's "Game Name" or gamertag that will be seen in-game.
- Also shows each team's admin name and email in case team admins need to contact each other.
- Upon submission of a match score, the history of the match will live on the "Dashboard" (home page of the platform) under "Match History".
- Completed matches by all teams for a tournament can be found by navigating to the specific game's tournament page and viewing the "Matches" tab.
Here is an example of a "Bye Win" match page.
In the "Match History" tab of your dashboard, Bye WIns are displayed like so: