This article explains how to sign up for a free account on the Generation Esports platform in order to register for WIAA competitions. Please visit our TECH HELP section for assistance with whitelisting, PC minimum/recommended specs, and more.
- Sign up for a free Generation Esports account as a School Official (Educators).
- You will be guided through the team creation process to join the WIAA Community.
- If you have already created your team, log in and skip to the "Adding Team Members" section of this guide.
- If you have an existing HSEL/MSEL team, you will need to use the steps above to create a new team for competition in the WIAA Community.
- New accounts will be prompted to set at least one game connection.
- Educators are welcome to skip this step by clicking "Skip all" in the bottom right of the window.
Adding Team Members
- Click “Members” on your team page.
- Click “+ Add Member” and generate a link for team invitations.
- Members will be automatically added once they sign up through the link.
- New members will be prompted to set at least one game connection from a set of game icons.
- Select the proper game and enter the proper "in-game name" (Screen Name).
Adding Game Connections (Post Sign-up)
"Game Connection" is a catch-all term for "screen name", "gamertag", "in-game name", etc. Students must provide a game connection for each game they wish to play in order to be placed on a roster. For adding any additional game connections:
- Click “Game Connection” on the left-hand navigation.
- Click “Add Game Connection”, select the game, enter your screen name for that game, and save.
- Include the numbers in the Battlenet tag and Switch Friend Code if applicable.
- Click “Rosters” on your team page.
- Click “Create New”, name your roster, and select what game it is for.
- Click “Add Members” and select what team members you want on the roster.
Battle Passes & League Fees
- League fees for WIAA competitions are $60 per student per season, capped at $2,000 for the 2022-23 school year.
- Once the $2,000 cap is reached, you can continue to add any # of students to your WIAA team at no additional cost.
- All students competing in WIAA are also eligible to compete in the national High School Esports League at no additional cost.
- Rocket League is free to enter and does not require the purchasing of battle passes.
- Once you have signed up for the WIAA community, a Generation Esports team member will email you with league details and pricing information.
- When you are ready to proceed, your school will be sent an invoice and your school's team will be assigned battle passes.
- Battle passes can be found on your team page under "Battle Pass Inventory".
- Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need to have battle passes assigned.
Registering for a Tournament
- Click "Communities" from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Choose "Learn More" on the WIAA community and click the "Tournaments" tab.
- Select the tournament you want to register for and click “Register Now”.
- Select the roster you wish to register and click “Register Now”.
If you need further registration assistance, please contact email@example.com.